Sunday 13 March 2011

Ronnie Dyson - All Over Your Face

Back to the boogie! 
This one has been a big spin recently; Ronnie Dyson's 'It's all over my face'. Classic John Morales & Sergio Munzibai sounds. Actually it was a friend of my who pulled it out on a recent night we were playing together with the consequence that I had to step out on the floor and have a swing with a big grin on my face. I've had my own copy for quite some time, but it has mostly been lying around and now when hearing it in the right context again; it's gonna come along for forthcoming boogie sessions. And certainly getting the plays it deserves.
On a more personal note, I'm glad I've created a local alliance with some other heads. It just prooves the importance of the social aspect of the musical interest. Obviously dj'ing and playing out is all about interaction with people, but being able to sit down and have a coffee and talk about whatever musical nerdery  you want is fantastic. Living in a place where I share musical references with quite a few, this has been something I've missed for quite some time. 
And this is what we've going down to - Salute!


Ronnie Dyson - All Over Your Face (192)

No comments: